What do we do for summer soccer? Here’s what we did in 2018 that we’ll continue in 2019:
· Coed soccer at our complex in Bernalillo on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Games are at 6:30, no lighted fields, and is a big change from the dismal fields we have in the city to use. Also, with Bosque Brewery in full business, road construction done, and the Freight House as well, there’s plenty of opportunity to stop and relax after the game and tell great tales of getting cheated out of playing in the World Cup.
· Women’s 7 v 7 over 30 at 6:15 and 7:15 on Thursday nights on city fields, probably Grant Mid School
· Men’s 7 v 7 over 30 at 6:15 and 7:15 on Friday nights on city fields, same as above.
· Women’s over Sunday mornings at 9 and 10.
· Women’s 7 v 7 open play Sunday mornings at 10 and 11.
· Men’s open play Sundays at the soccer complex in Bernalillo.
What we’re adding in the spring that we’ll continue in the summer:
· Daytime women’s 3 v 3
· Walking soccer
We’ll look at interest in the Over 50 pickup soccer since it’s a heavy schedule during the week plus the Santa Fe league plays over 50 during the summer. If we’ve got the demand, we’ll figure out a time and place to do the over 50 pickup soccer.
NMSSA runs the Dog Days Over 40 tournament in Ruidoso the last weekend of July and we’re looking at the possibility of adding an Over 30 tournament at the Roswell soccer complex in June.
If there’s something you’d like us to offer that will attract enough business, email us and we’ll look into adding it to the menu.